Held on May 5th 2018, Art Fest made its first big debut.
We set out to celebrate Space together with the city of Bremen. And so, the theme of this multidimensional exhibition became Space itself and all that it contains.
Challenging the artists to express themselves through this concept was one thing. Gathering the work of around 90 artists from our university and the city, was another.
We decided the create little systems within each room of the exhibition, giving our visitors a trip through the galaxy. Our visitors had the opportunity to see:
- The Earth room – preparing them for take off
- The Stratosphere room – showcasing independently made movies by our students
- The Galaxy room – filled with over 30 pieces from the university’s Pottery Club
- The Space – where everyone could leave a piece of themselves behind
- The Milky Way corridor – filled with many photographs, paintings and poetry. At this point the people had finally reached our galaxy, home.
- The Nebulosa room – where they got glittered up (literally)
- The Start Dust room – to jam to live music
- The Beyond room – where the majority of the paintings were, live paintings sessions were held, the flashmob surprised the crowd and the ballroom dancing performance was held
- The Bar – of course.
We are proud to say, that the diversity that came through these artworks was undeniable and breathtaking.
While we are simply students with a passion for art, we wanted to bring strangers together with their art or interest in, for one simple reason: creating in a way that speaks to others without direct interaction remains one of the most profound human qualities.
The Star Dust
Intrigued? Were not there last year?
JOIN US THIS YEAR ON APRIL 1ST AND 2ND AT JACOBS UNIVERSITY BREMEN!